A six-year-old girl was found with her two younger siblings and her mother, unconscious, in a room filled with carbon monoxide. The mother had been using a charcoal grill inside the house. She managed to call 911 before losing consciousness, and the fire rescue paramedics broke into their house, saving them. This six-year-old required treatment in the pediatric intensive care unit, but recovered completely. The lesson for our students is to judge rate in the setting in which it is found. The heart rate here is 136/min.
All our content is FREE & COPYRIGHT FREE for non-commercial use
Please be courteous and leave any watermark or author attribution on content you reproduce.